Saturday, February 12, 2011

Day 2 Laser Masters

Second day of Laser Masters in Port Stephens, brought very different conditions to the previous day. Southerly was the fleets challenge with average wind strength of 13-22kts, with gusts reaching 29kts at times during the afternoon.

Today for me as not as good as yesterday, as I was being challenged by the stronger wind for the first race of the day, but generally I was pleased with getting through the day. I was able to improve on my downwind speed, as again yesterday I was always loosing out to the fleet.

In general today we have many restarts, with if memory serves me right I think in the last race of the day for Masters Standard division we had 2 general recalls. The Masters Radial division had a general recall on the second race of the day. I think everyone is getting tighter on the start, which is always fun.

Tomorrow is Day 3 and another 3 races are scheduled. The forecast is indicating that it will be a lighter day and potentially the lightest for the regatta. We will just have to wait and see what Sunday has in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment